SDA represents close to 90% of the dental fraternity in Singapore. We have been around for over 75 years and is the largest association of dentists in Singapore.
Membership has it’s privileges, and these includes:
Personal advice on such matters as:
- Management of disputes with patients
- Liaison with professional indemnity organisation (DPL)
and many more.
- Provision and co-ordination of professional indemnity and at preferential annual rate
- Advice from our experts in the Ethics Committee for disputes with patients
- Access to Dental classified advertisements & preferential advertising rates
- Regular access to mailers & email announcements
- Exclusive access to Singapore Dental Journal & The DentalSurgeon
- Preferential registration rates for scientific lectures & conventions
- Exclusive invitations to social networking events.
The SDA membership rates are inclusive of prevailing Goods & Services Tax (GST).
The renewal is every 2 years, 2020-2021, 2022-2023, 2024-2025 etc
The subscription will be pro-rated to half a year if membership start from July onward.
2nd or subsequent year subscription
No cost for joining SDA as a student member
No application - only for Ordinary member who lives overseas
Types of Membership
1) Ordinary Membership
Open to all persons who are registered with the Singapore Dental Council (SDC) & practice in Singapore, including voting right during the Annual General Meeting (AGM). Ordinary Membership enjoy the full benefits.
Cost: $53.50 one time entrance fee, $214 subscription fee per year
2) Associate Membership
Associate Membership is open to all who are unable to register with SDC, and include but not limited as follows:
(a) Members of the Malaysian Dental Association;
(c) Members of the allied professions who are interested in the advancement of dentistry;
(d) Accredited members of any foreign national dental association that extends reciprocal membership to Members without the need for any application process; and
(e) Postgraduate students who are accredited by the Faculty of Dentistry, National University of Singapore.
Associate Members will enjoy the same benefits as Ordinary Members but will not have any voting rights at AGM.
Cost: $53.50 one time entrance fee, $139.10 subscription fee per year
3) Student Membership
Student Membership is open to all dental undergraduate.
Student Members enjoy the same benefits as Ordinary Members but will not have any voting rights at AGM. SDA announcement / newsletter will only be available via emails.
There will be no cost for joining SDA as a student member.
Come join us and be part of the Singapore Dental Family!
Supporting documents required
– Photo (in JPEG format, if by email)
– Photocopy of practicing card (gray) (Front only) (in PDF format, if by email)
– Proposer’s signature (at the bottom right hand corner)
(It can be the dentist employer, colleagues or friends but they must be SDA Life or Ordinary members.)